Current and previous projects I am/was involved in:
- FLOW: Global Flows of Migrants and Their Impact on North European Welfare States. 3-year project funded by Aalborg University’s strategic fund (2018–2021).
- High-Resolution Spatialized Population Projections. Computing time on the Azure cloud, funded through Microsoft AI for Earth program (2017–2018).
- Integrating Real-time GIS and Social Media for Qualitative Transportation Data Collection. 18-month project funded by the University Transportation Research Center.
- LIFE – Linked Data for eScience Services. 2-year collaborative project with the university library, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- HXL – Humanitarian eXchange Language. Freelance consulting project for the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN OCHA).
- LODUM – Linked Open Data University of Münster. The university’s linked open data initative.
- Spatial@LinkedScience. Platform providing an integrated collection of publications for the GIScience community.
- SimCat I & II – Semantic Similarity Measurement for Role-Governed Geospatial Categories. 4-year project funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG); completed in October 2011.
- MEDIS – Towards sustainable water use on Mediterranean Islands. Funded by the European Commission; compeleted in January 2006.